TRAINING THURSDAY: Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace
Happy New Year from the ICBA training department!
We invite you to register now for our January 17 breakfast session in Burnaby, Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace – Employer Rights and Obligations.
With the prevalence of prescribed marijuana for medical reasons, employers need to be aware of their options. How do you deal with an employee in a safety-sensitive role who has a medical marijuana licence? Are they still allowed to perform their safety sensitive job? If an employee with a licence says they need to use their marijuana at the workplace, how is this addressed? Are employees with medical marijuana licences exempt from drug testing?
Here’s what will be covered:
- Drug and Alcohol Policies
- Testing for Drug and Alcohol Use
- Consequences for Testing Positive
- Pre-employment Situations
- Impaired at Work Situations
- Accommodation requirements for workers with drug and or alcohol addiction
- Suggested wording on Medical Marijuana to update company policies.
You’ll also earn 1.5 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing! Check out this course and all of our upcoming workshops at www.icba.ca/training, and subscribe to our newsletter at www.icba.ca/trainingnewsletter for the latest updates.
Don’t forget, members receive a discount on their course registrations! You can become a member now by visiting www.icba.ca/become-a-member.