ICBA JOB POSTING: Membership Services Coordinator
The Independent Contractors and Businesses Association (ICBA) is the voice of B.C.’s construction industry and the single largest sponsor of construction apprentices in B.C. ICBA’s insurance company, ICBA Benefits, is one of the largest providers of group health and retirement benefits in British Columbia. Representing more than 2,000 companies and clients, ICBA members and their skilled workers are involved in virtually all major capital and infrastructure projects built in British Columbia.
With a combined staff of more than 40 professionals, ICBA and ICBA Benefits offer a wide range of member and client services including public policy research and advocacy, group health and retirement benefit programs, training and apprenticeship programs, and conferences and forums. ICBA and ICBA Benefits’ head office is in Burnaby’s Metrotown, with regional offices in Prince George and Fort St. John.
Membership Services Coordinator
ICBA members are amazing. They are incredible, growing companies that are literally building British Columbia. From small owner-operator operations to some of B.C.’s largest companies, they have diverse needs: benefit plans, advocacy, training, apprenticeship management, and more.
ICBA can help – but we need a point person, a first point-of-contact to deliver that help. That’s you, our Membership Services Coordinator. We need you to triage calls and emails from members, connecting them to the services ICBA and ICBA Benefits offers. You won’t always have all the answers, but if you don’t, you know who will – and will connect the member and the solution.
- Answer and/or route our general emails and take member phone and email inquiries as appropriate, along with being proactive in reaching out to members who we have not had much contact with.
- Work with the Communications department and be the point person on getting member mail out, including annual invoices and reports.
- Discern and offer insight into member needs and questions as we redesign and enhance our membership communication tactics such as monthly e-mail newsletters and welcome packages.
- Develop a membership life cycle plan, that includes initial contact, invoicing, welcome packages, promoting training and insurance, and (most importantly) relationship-building.
- Provide the senior leadership team with reports on members who have gone untouched by ICBA, and coordinate events with them. You’ll be proactive in reaching out to members who we can help.
- Assume responsibility for our affinity program, working with vendors to get even better deals for ICBA members, and promoting the program to our membership. You will also help members with log-ins and other details needed for ICBA.ca.
- Periodic coverage for reception, covering breaks and holidays as needed.
- Event coordinating and support for events including trade shows and our four major ICBA events – our AGM Gala Dinner, our ICBA Open golf tournament (you’ll take a lead role organizing the tournament), our BUILDEX CEO Breakfast, and our Outlook Industry Forum.
- Meeting with members in our office or, better yet, at their workplace.
- At least 5 years of experience in client care, membership services or sales coordinator roles
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to strategically develop professional relationships and recognize member needs
- Strong office and administrative skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel (especially mail merge functions) and Outlook, familiarity with Windows environment
- WordPress and social media experience
- Capable, self-motivated, able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills: organized, resourceful, strong communicator, tactful, flexible, works well with others
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
ICBA has a lot of moving parts, so you’ll need to be a quick learner. We’ll teach you the basics of our training, insurance, and public policy advocacy, so you’ll be able to communicate effectively with members.
Our members are the lifeblood of ICBA. We want someone who understands and values that. If that’s you, please apply – we’re looking forward to having you on our team.
- Growth-oriented office with many opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
- This role reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- ICBA offers a progressive training, benefits and compensation package.
- This role is full-time, based out of our Metrotower III office in Burnaby.
- Some flexibility will be necessary, as some events are outside of regular business hours.
To apply, please send a cover letter (sell us on why you are the one for this job!) and resume with the subject line, “Membership Services Coordinator”.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The last day to apply for this position is Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.