TRAINING THURSDAY: Responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committees
Do you serve on a joint health and safety committee in your workplace? Did you know that WorkSafeBC mandates that you take eight hours of training? Now you do, and ICBA’s training department is here to help!
- Know how to use the OHS Regulation and WC Act to access health & safety requirements;
- Explain the roles and functions of the Joint Committee and the Worker Representatives;
- Learn how to perform an incident investigation;
- Learn how to perform a formal site inspection; and
- Develop a foundation in knowledge to:
- Promote workplace health and safety
- Assist in ensuring the health and safety program elements are implemented;
- Conduct and participate in Joint Committee Meetings; and
- Work cooperatively to address workers’ health and safety concerns.
Our next session is May 15 in Fort St John, and then on May 17 in Burnaby! Interested in taking this course or any of our other upcoming workshops? Check out the list at www.icba.ca/training. Plus, you’ll earn 8 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing!
Did you know that members of ICBA receive a discount on our courses? Check out www.icba.ca/become-a-member for more information about the benefits of membership with ICBA and how this affiliation can help you build your business.