TRAINING THURSDAY: Change Order Management
Changes are inevitable. Changes at home, changes at work… Changes in construction! But change orders can be managed, and our Change Order Management course on September 7 in Burnaby is here to help.
Unnecessary project disruptions, cost increases and schedule delays can result from change orders not being managed well. This course will provide participants with best practices for successfully navigating this complex project management challenge.
Here are just a few things that participants will learn:
- How to identify changes from the original contract
- How to document the changes
- How to price changes fairly and realistically
- How to present and negotiate changes collaboratively
- How to understand the importance of early detection of change orders
- How to negotiate delay claims caused by changes
- How to understand the wording within commonly used contracts eg., CCDC 2 and CCA 1
- How to develop a change order process for a construction company
- How to issue a notice of dispute
- How to proactively negotiating fair time and material rates at the bidding stage of a project.
You’ll earn 1 Gold Seal Credit and 7.5 Group A CPD Points at this course! For more information and to register, visit www.icba.ca/courses.
While you’re there, check out our upcoming Bluebeam Revu courses in Burnaby next week. We’re starting with Bluebeam Revu Basics on August 22, followed by Document Control with Bluebeam Revu on August 23! You’ll learn BC Housing CPD Points and Gold Seal Credits for both, so don’t miss your chance to register!