TRAINING THURSDAY: Responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committees
Do you serve on a joint health and safety committee in your workplace? Our Responsibilities of Joint Health and Safety Committees course is here for you!
As of April 2017, all new committee members must receive eight hours of training. This course will help you fulfill that requirement.
– Know how to use the OHS Regulation and WC Act to access health & safety requirements;
– Explain the roles and functions of the Joint Committee and the Worker Representatives;
– Learn how to perform an incident investigation;
– Learn how to perform a formal site inspection; and
– Develop a foundation in knowledge to promote workplace health and safety; assist in ensuring the health and safety program elements are implemented; conduct and participate in Joint Committee Meetings; and work cooperatively to address workers’ health and safety concerns.
– Use of WorkSafe OHS Regulation;
– Joint Health and Safety committee and workers representatives;
– OHS Program;
– Safety Inspections;
– Incident investigations;
– Refusal of unsafe work;
– How to work as a committee;
– Different types of recommendations; and
– Hazard management.
Our next session is September 21 in Burnaby. We are also holding one on October 26 in Burnaby, and October 30 in Fort St John. Register at www.icba.ca/courses. You can also earn 8 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing!