TRAINING THURSDAY: Introduction to Blueprint Reading
With our head office in Burnaby, we offer a lot of courses close to home. But Victoria, Prince George, Fort St John and Abbotsford, we haven’t forgotten about you!
We are bringing our Introduction to Blueprint Reading course to Victoria on October 24, Prince George on November 8, Fort St John on November 15, and Abbotsford on December 12. Our training team knows that we have members and non-members alike who are looking for high-quality, reliable, relevant training in their area, and we want to make sure you have everything you need to succeed in construction.
We’ve talked about our Blueprint reading course many times on Training Thursday, but it’s one we like to keep in the forefront because it’s an extremely important course for many people in the course of their day-to-day work in construction. Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn:
- Understand in general terms the design process and the role of design professionals
- Understand how Building Codes and Bylaws impact blueprints
- Understand specifications and the contractual hierarchy
- Be able to find trade information using blueprints
- Be able to answer basic construction questions related to the layout and installation of materials
- Be able to identify elementary problems or short comings of the blueprints you are using
- Be familiar with architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings, and how they fit together
- Understand how to convert engineering dimensions to architectural
- Understand symbols, notation, abbreviations and material schedules
- Be able to work with the drawings to obtain basic information on dimension, finishes, details, area calculations, and the ability to do simple material take offs.
You’ll also earn 1 Gold Seal Credit and 8 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing.