TRAINING THURSDAY: The Nuts and Bolts of Builders’ Liens
Understanding the Builders’ Lien Act can be challenging. We want to help! Register now for our November 23 breakfast session in Burnaby.
It is essential for anyone working in or closely with the construction industry to have a basic understanding of builders’ liens as they are increasingly being used as a form of security to contractors, subcontractors, workers and suppliers who supply labour and/or materials in relation to the construction of an improvement on or to land. However, builders’ liens do not necessarily guarantee recovery in full or at all. Understanding this complex area of law and applying recommended best practices will help you to maximize your potential recovery and reduce your liabilities.
Here’s what’s covered:
- An overview of the Builders Lien Act, including a review of the holdback provisions
- The process for filing a claim of lien (who, what, where, when and how)
- The process for cancelling a claim of lien
- The process for enforcing a claim of lien
- Best practices and tips for maximizing potential recovery
And, you’ll earn 2.5 Group B CPD Points from BC Housing! Register for this or any of our upcoming courses at www.icba.ca/courses.