We have a brand-new course!
Do you rig loads for lifting by cranes or other hoisting equipment? We have the perfect course for you.
The first session of our new Rigging Fundamentals course is in Fort St John on February 8. We want to see you there.
Here are the course objectives:
- Identify safe rigging practices
- Conduct prior to use inspections
- Understand basic rigging principles
- Load weight determination
- Turning Loads
The topics to be covered are:
- Rigging terminology
- Determining load weight
- Locating the load’s centre of gravity (COG)
- Communicating with hand signals
- Knot tying
- Inspecting slings and hardware
- Using rigging working load limit charts
- Application of common hitches
- Basic lift planning
- Rigging and signaling lifts
Plus, our instructor is Fulford certified, so you will be trained to the highest standards. And, you’ll receive 16 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing!
We are also bringing this course to Kamloops February 27 and 28, and Prince George on March 6 and 7. Register for this or any of our upcoming courses at www.icba.ca/courses.