TRAINING THURSDAY: Understanding the Employment Standards Act
Understanding the Employment Standards Act can be complicated. We’d hate for you to find out you weren’t in compliance with the Act and face months of back pay. Join us for breakfast!
Our Employment Standards Act Refresher breakfast session on February 25 in Victoria or April 12 in Burnaby will give you a review of Employment Standards Act requirements that are particularly relevant to construction industry employers. These include:
- Employment contracts
- Who is a “manager”
- Hours of work and overtime
- Averaging agreements for hours of work
- Termination of employment
- Vacation and statutory holidays
- Independent contractors vs. employees
- Impact of the common law
You’ll also earn 2 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing for this two-hour seminar.