TRAINING THURSDAY: Effective Management Skills
Are you an effective manager? We can help! Our Effective Management Skills workshop is making several stops around the province this year and we can’t wait to see you in one of those sessions!
Everyone agrees that the most important asset of any organization is the human asset. Thus, the all important question becomes – how much untapped potential, energy, commitment and creativity currently exists within your organization, team or department? What would it mean to your culture and bottom-line if you could learn to unleash just 10% more of the latent human potential?
This course is for all managers, supervisors, team leaders or anyone who is responsible for achieving results through people and who want to bring the best out in people.
Here’s some of what’s covered:
- Understanding group dynamics and how to develop team synergy
- Developing clear performance expectations for the team
- The four core elements of a high-performance team
- The principles of effective delegation
- The vital importance of developing clear “outcome-based” performance expectations whenever possible
- How to listen so that people feel understood
- How disagree someone without being disagreeable
- The essential difference between influence and persuasion
- How to deliver reinforcing or positive feedback in a manner that makes it meaningful
And much more! Plus you’ll earn 1 Gold Seal Credit and 5.5 Group A CPD Points and 2 Group B CPD Points from BC Housing.
The next session is in Burnaby on April 17, followed by May 29 in Kamloops, June 3 in Prince George, June 12 in Langley, August 20 in Victoria, and October 3 in Fort St John. Visit www.icba.ca/courses for more information and to register for any of these workshops.