Do you rig loads for lifting by cranes or other hoisting equipment? Our Rigging Fundamentals (Fulford Certification) course will help you identify safe rigging practices, understand basic rigging principles, and more.
Here’s what’s covered in this one-day course:
- Rigging terminology
- Determining load weight
- Locating the load’s centre of gravity (COG)
- Communicating with hand signals
- Knot tying
- Inspecting slings and hardware
- Using rigging working load limit charts
- Application of common hitches
- Basic lift planning
- Rigging and signaling lifts
Our instructor is Fulford certified, so you will be trained to the highest standards, and you’ll receive 16 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing! You’ll take home a Rigging Fundamentals Manual, Lift Planning Guide, and a Rigging Fundamentals wallet card that is valid for three years.
Our next session is July 11 in Burnaby, and then July 25 in Kelowna and August 29 in Prince George. Register for this or any of our upcoming courses at www.icba.ca/courses.