TRAINING THURSDAY: Construction Business Management
Looking to learn how to improve the management and business systems of your construction business? We have the course for you! Check out our two-day Construction Business Management course. This course is perfect for businesses of all sizes, and especially for start up companies.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
You’ll also earn 5 Gold Seal Credits and 32 CPD Points from BC Housing!
Our next two-day session takes place in Kelowna November 14-15, and then in Burnaby December 19-20. You can register for this or any of our other upcoming sessions at www.icba.ca/courses.
And while you’re there, subscribe to our biweekly training newsletter at www.icba.ca/trainingnewsletter.