Are you looking to gain an understanding on how to interpret and read documentation that relates to the Municipal Infrastructure? We have the course for you! Check our Municipal Map Reading workshop in Burnaby November 27.
Participants will learn the related Regulations, Acts and Master Municipal Construction Documents as well as blueprint reading symbols, legend and design specifications for local cities, municipalities and townships.
You will also review BC One Call documentation, utility owner’s roles and responsibilities, ground disturbers’ roles and responsibilities, and safe utility locating practices.
After completing this course, students will get a better understanding of how to read and interpret municipal Construction Drawings.
Here are the course objectives:
- Reviewing Utility information and hazards
- Understanding Workers Compensation Act & WorksafeBC Regulations
- Utility Safety Awareness
- Review BC One Call Documentation
- Blue Print Map Reading Group Activities
- Review on Locating Underground infrastructure
- Understanding Safety Procedures and Practices
- Knowing the Emergency Response for Utility Owners
Plus, you’ll earn 7.5 CPD Points from BC Housing!
You can register for this workshop and any of our other training courses at www.icba.ca/courses.