This course is designed to improve skills in communication for supervisors and management in the office and in the field. Set up in 2 live instructor-led online training sessions (8:30am – 4:30pm each day) this seminar will cover the same content as the in-person seminar. There is no opportunity to re-schedule or request for a partial refund if a student cannot attend all sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Participants will be able to identify and practice skills needed for effective communication and learn about barriers to communication. They will also learn about different communication styles and identify what their dominant style is as well as how to deal with people who have a different style of communication.
The course material also provides insight about anger and how to manage it as well as help develop the skills required to supervise others.
The course will also cover the following:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
Instructor: Fazal Bhimji, Cert. ConRes, BSc, CMed, has been involved with conflict resolution since 1991. He is an active mediator/arbitrator, a Provincial Court Mediator and a member of several mediation rosters including the BC Mediator Roster Society (Civil) and the Public Service Labour Relations Board (Fed.). He has handled construction disputes as an arbitrator on the Better Business Bureau of Mainland BC roster as well other arbitrations for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. He is a conflict resolution coach at the JIBC Centre for Conflict Resolution and an instructor at the Centre for Leadership. He has prepared and delivered training programs for the Canadian Air Traffic Control Association and other clients in the Lower Mainland. He is in charge of training for Vancouver Control Tower.
October 26, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
October 27, 2021 – 8:30 AM to 4:30PM Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Details/Register at: https://icba.simplesignup.ca/en/8914/index.php?m=eventSummary
Missed this one? Check out icba.ca/courses for other times and options