Kerry and Jordan talk about a free info session with Skilled Trades BC, and our ICBA Training featured course — Tendering Law.
ICBA/SkilledTradesBC Info Session
Live online | Free!
Friday, Feb. 10, 11AM
In this presentation, you will receive an overview of SkilledTradesBC, what they do, and their expanded mandate. Details on Skilled Trades Certification and the services in place to assist with its implementation will be shared.
An Overview of Tendering Law
Live online | Wednesday, Feb. 8, 9-10:30AM
1.5 BC Housing CPD Points
As a method of procurement, tendering can be fraught with risks. Errors in accepting or evaluating bids can result in legal liability on the part of the tendering authority. Errors in the bid submitted in response to an Invitation to Tender can result in legal liability on the part of the bidder. The law of tenders is complicated and constantly evolving as the courts and the construction industry adapt to new technology and evolving project delivery methods.
Introduction to the law of tendering including an overview of:
- Tendering case law updates and discussion of recent decisions.
- The difference between tenders and RFPs and other procurement methods.
- The bidder’s obligations to the tendering authority.
- The tendering authority’s obligations to the bidder.
- Practical tips and advice on key aspects of tendering.
MISSED THESE? CHECK OUT ICBATRAINING.CA