How are your skills as a supervisor and manager? Could they be better? Our Supervisory and Management Skills workshop in Kamloops December 5 to 6 is just what you need.
Participants will improve their skills in leadership, management and supervision of staff, and learn skills to enhance their ability to build a collaborative team culture with their staff and on job sites.
Here’s what you’ll be able to do by the end of this two-day course:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision;
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches;
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations;
- Understand motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS;
- Enhance individual and group performance and engagement;
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understand stress and how to manage it at work
- Understand substance abuse, recognition and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision-making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
Plus, you’ll earn 5 Gold Seal Credits and 32 CPD Points from BC Housing!
This course will also take place in Burnaby on February 6 and 7, 2020. Check out www.icba.ca/courses for more information and to register for this or any of our other upcoming courses.