The newest Site C employment numbers are out, and the workforce at the dam continues to swell: there are now 2,522 people employed building Site C. Of note:
- 2,027 are British Columbians
- 736 (35%) on-site are from the Peace River Regional District
- There were 6 temporary foreign workers
- At least 393 are women
- At least 211 are aboriginal
- These are only the direct jobs – there are thousands more indirect or induced jobs that aren’t counted.
Let’s keep these folks working! Go to http://get2yes.icba.ca/projects/site-c and send an email to B.C.’s political leaders and stand up for Site C!