TRAINING THURSDAY: Supervisory and Management Skills Workshop
How are your skills as a supervisor and manager? Could they be better? Our Supervisory and Management Skills workshop, coming to Prince George November 16-17, is for you!
Here’s what you’ll be able to do by the end of this two-day course:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management and supervision;
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches;
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations;
- Understand motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS;
- Enhance individual and group performance and engagement;
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understand stress and how to manage it at work
- Understand substance abuse, recognition and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision-making skills
- Understand a systems approach to management of construction companies
This course is also good for five Gold Seal Credits and 32 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing, upon completion of an online portion following the workshop!
Interested? Check out www.icba.ca/training for more information and to register. We can also bring this course directly to you and your staff; email our training department at email@example.com for more information on how to set this up.
We also offer course discounts! Register two or more people for any of our training and you will receive a 10 percent discount on each additional registration.