What are you doing for breakfast on December 14? The training department wants to offer you a hot breakfast buffet and give you some valuable information at our Nuts & Bolts of Builders’ Liens breakfast in Burnaby!
If you work in the construction industry, it’s essential that you have a basic understanding of builders’ liens and how they are used as a form of security for contractors, subcontractors, workers and suppliers. Understanding this complex area of law and applying some best practices will help you maximize your potential recovery and reduce your liabilities.
Here’s what the session covers:
- An overview of the Builders Lien Act, including a review of the holdback provisions
- The process for filing a claim of lien (who, what, where, when and how)
- The process for cancelling a claim of lien
- The process for enforcing a claim of lien
- Best practices and tips for maximizing potential recovery
Plus, you’ll earn 2.5 Group B CPD Points from BC Housing! Register here now; don’t miss this important session!
For more information on our upcoming courses, visit www.icba.ca/training.