TRAINING THURSDAY: Managing Employee Terminations (Breakfast)
One of the hardest parts of a supervisor’s job is terminating an employee, and it’s essential that you know to manage this task properly. Human Resources professionals are often the ones dealing with the situation, both with the legal aspects and with the employee him or herself. Our training department is here to help! Register now for our March 27 breakfast session in Burnaby.
It will explore the following topics:
- Employee misconduct and “just cause”;
- The investigation;
- Without cause: what do I owe?;
- Employment Standards Act versus Common Law in the construction industry;
- Human rights and termination decisions;
- The termination offer/termination meeting.
The Managing Employee Terminations session is presented by a partner at Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP. Register now at www.icba.ca/training; you’ll also earn 2.5 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing!
You don’t have to be a member to take courses with us, but members save on their registration fees. For more information about becoming an ICBA member, visit www.icba.ca/become-a-member.