TRAINING THURSDAY: Trenching and Excavation Safety Workshop
Do you work in ground disturbance? Does your work involve trenching and excavation? Safety should always be top of mind, and our Trenching and Excavation Safety Workshop aims to keep you, your coworkers and the public safe.
The workshop walks participants through a comprehensive program that includes what the WorkSafeBC Regulations & Guidelines state, safe work procedures and what to do if something goes wrong.
It covers shoring, benching, sloping and shielding systems. It also includes a section on location of underground utilities and the geotechnical and structural engineered documentation requirements.
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify hazards around trenches and excavations
- Be able to locate underground utilities
- Understand soil types, soil collapse patterns, and warning signs
- Gain familiarity with WorkSafeBC regulations
- Understand geotechnical and structural engineered documentation
- Understand sloping and benching
- Understand shoring and shielding systems
- Describe and demonstrate where possible safe installation and removal processes
- Identify emergency procedures for a trench collapse
You’ll also earn 8 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing!
We are offering this course in Prince George, Kelowna, Whitehorse, Victoria, and Burnaby in the coming months. For more information on this or any of our other upcoming courses, visit www.icba.ca/training.