With the changes to the legal status of cannabis, many employers have questions!
What are the rights, responsibilities and risks to employers regarding cannabis in the workplace? What is the impact of recreational or medical use of this drug on your organization and for those in safety-sensitive positions? For medical use, how do you manage the duty to accommodate process? Do you have the appropriate policy framework in place to face related challenges?
We want to help you, so we’re holding two breakfast sessions on Cannabis in the Workplace. The first will be February 8 in Victoria, and then March 7 in Burnaby.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this two-hour session:
- Learn more about the federal “Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations”.
- Understand that a “prescription” for cannabis does not give an employee the absolute right to use it in the workplace.
- Understand your rights when it comes to those in Safety-Sensitive positions.
- Discuss employee and employer obligations with regard to the use of cannabis.
- Recognize the rights, responsibilities and risks for both employers and employees to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Identify the various ways the use of cannabis impacts the employer-employee relationship, and what you can do about it.
- Identify what employers should be doing to review their workplace drug and alcohol policies.