Do you have a strategy in place for achieving your project Step Code targets cost effectively? Let us help! Our Strategic and Cost-Effective Step Code Compliance half-day workshop is in Burnaby June 12.
This half-day course will not only enhance your comprehension of the Step Code for Part 9 buildings, it will enable you to prioritize the energy conservation measures you consider for your projects based on construction cost and energy impact.
Here’s what’s covered:
- Understand the Step Code performance targets, and to what extent their achievement is influenced by:
- Building envelope components (windows, wall assemblies, etc.)
- Building airtightness
- HVAC equipment selections
- Improve your ability to:
- Facilitate an efficient design and documentation cycle, from acquisition of development permit through to submission of the building permit application
- Ensure design details, particularly related to airtightness, are successfully implemented in the field
- Learn to predict which Step Code projects will be especially challenging
- Be able to identify and rank the most cost effective measures for achieving Step Code targets, and estimate corresponding cost premiums
- Expand your knowledge about high efficiency mechanical systems and their relevance to Step Code, including:
- Common and not-so-common options for hot water heating, space conditioning and ventilation
- Proper application, selection, and installation of equipment
Plus, you’ll earn 4 Group A CPD Points from BC Housing! Register for this or any of our other upcoming courses at www.icba.ca/courses.