Reading blueprints is an integral part of many construction careers, whether you work in residential or commercial construction. Unfamiliar with how to read blueprints and specifications? We’re here to help.
Our Introduction to Blueprint Reading course is perfect for those who have little or no background in blueprint reading. Here’s what’s covered in this one-day course:
- Blueprint reading basics
- Design process and the role of design professionals
- Building Codes, bylaws and building permits
- Find trade information using blueprints
- Layout basics
- Architectural, civil, electrical and mechanical drawings, and how they fit together
- Architectural & engineering scales
- Floor plans, sections and elevations
- Symbols, notation, abbreviations and material schedules
- Dimension, finishes, details, area calculations, and material take offs
- Understanding specifications
- Commercial and residential blueprints
Our next session is September 13 in Kelowna, September 18 in Burnaby, October 23 in Fort St John, and October 30 in Prince George. You’ll also earn 1 Gold Seal Credit and 8 CPD Points from BC Housing!
We always get great feedback on this course so don’t miss your chance to register! You can sign up for this or any of our other workshops at www.icba.ca/courses.
And while you’re there, don’t forget to sign up for our bi-weekly training newsletter at www.icba.ca/trainingnewsletter.