Kerry and Jordan recap the ICBA Construction Innovation Summit (no need to welcome our robot overlords quite yet) and highlight ICBA’s latest featured course!
The Nuts and Bolts of Builders’ Liens (Live Online)
1.5 BC Housing CPD Points
Friday, November 17, 2023 | 9-10:30AM
Missed this one? Check out www.icba.ca/courses
It is essential for anyone working in or closely with the construction industry to have a basic understanding of builders’ liens as they are increasingly being used as a form of security to contractors, subcontractors, workers and suppliers who supply labour and/or materials in relation to the construction of an improvement on or to land. However, builders’ liens do not necessarily guarantee recovery in full or at all. Understanding this complex area of law and applying recommended best practices will help you to maximize your potential recovery and reduce your liabilities.
- An overview of the Builders Lien Act, including a review of the holdback provisions.
- The process for filing a claim of lien (who, what, where,when and how).
- The process for cancelling a claim of lien.
- The process for enforcing a claim of lien.
- Best practices and tips for maximizing potential recovery.