Kerry and Jordan talk about ICBA’s latest featured course, our Red Seal Appreciation Dinner, and BUILDEX.
Bonus links mentioned in the video:
- Sign up for the free ICBA CEO Breakfast at BUILDEX Feb. 14: email email@example.com
- Alberta Employment Law webinar Feb. 29: https://icbatraining.arlo.co/w/courses/454-navigating-the-alberta-employment-law-landscape-are-you-ready-for-2024
Navigating the BC Employment Law Landscape: Are you ready for 2024?
Free | Live Webinar
Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024 | 9-10AM Pacific
Missed this one? Check out www.icba.ca/courses
Business owners and human resources professionals won’t want to miss this timely and informative 60-minute session exploring emerging employment topics, including how to handle rising remote work requests and medical leaves, exploring mandatory versus optional employee accommodations, plus an overview of three new laws that will be effective in January 2024 (Pay Transparency Act, Modern Slavery Act, and amendments to the Workers Compensation Act).
- Remote work requests: Clarifying whether employers can force employees to return to the office and how to manage requests based on convenience and personal preferences.
- Responding to medical leaves: Covering what documentation and information employees are required to provide, and what to do about ambiguous medical notes.
- New legislation that will affect businesses and employers: A primer on the new legislation, how to successfully prepare for its roll-out, plus best practices for compliance.