Upcoming course: Negotiation Skills Workshop, Sept. 15, Prince George, B.C.
In life and in business, few people get what they deserve. Instead, they get what they negotiate. Could you be a better negotiator? Register now for our Negotiation Skills Workshop and you’ll learn some fantastic new tips and tricks to make sure you walk away from the table with what you want.
Here’s what the course covers:
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- Understanding the difference between Collaborative “win-win” and Competitive “hardball” negotiations and how to know what game you are playing
- The characteristics of highly effective negotiators
- Understanding the different sources of negotiating power
- How to strengthen your bargaining position
- How to create an open communication flow that allows you to deeply understand the other party
- The 5-step process to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your negotiations
- How to determine your “walk-away point”
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiators
- How to counter the 5 common manipulative strategies being used against you
- How to create win – win outcomes that ensure the other party lives up to their end of the bargain
Our next workshop takes place in Prince George on September 15; register HERE.
You don’t have to be a member of ICBA to take our courses; we look forward to seeing you there!