TRAINING THURSDAY: Project Planning & Cost Control
One of our popular past training courses is coming back in 2018! The ICBA training department is pleased to add Project Planning & Cost Control to our Lower Mainland course calendar in February.
The course is designed to provide owners, managers, estimators, and field personnel with a general knowledge of the process of planning and controlling a project from beginning to end utilizing ways and means of monitoring, saving and controlling costs. Here’s what’s covered:
- Understanding the impact and methodology of construction cost control.
- Ways and means of minimizing and controlling costs on site.
- Project cost forecasting and accounting functions on site.
- Project planning and its purpose and effect on project cost control.
- How to communicate & assist management re: cost methods and control.
- Gain additional insight into the process of work and cost analysis.
- Cost reporting systems – new technology in monitoring costs and reports.
- Understanding the effect improper field reporting has on cost control. Maintaining and managing documents, material, tools and equipment.
- Understanding the Contract process from bidding to project close-out.
- Review of 100 companies and their methods in controlling & saving costs.
You’ll also earn Gold Seal Credits and Continued Professional Development Points from BC Housing. The two-day session starts February 20; register now here.
Interested in putting this course on privately for your employees? Email our training team at email@example.com and they will handle all of the logistics for you.
You don’t have to be a member to take our training! Start planning your 2018 workshops now by checking out www.icba.ca/training.