Our training department wants to make you a better communicator! Our Communication Skills workshop is designed to improve your communication skills as a supervisor and manager, both in the office and in the field.
You’ll learn effective leadership, how to deal with difficult people, how to prepare for and facilitate meetings, and much much more! Here’s the full course outline:
- Effective Leadership through Communication Skills
- Dealing with Difficult People, Conflict and Confrontation
- Assertive Training and Speaking Skills
- Communicating Motivation
- Communication through Body Language
- Managing a Good Impression to Clients
- Constructive Use of Anger and Persuasion Skills
- Anger and Conflict Management Skills
- Communicating Discipline and Termination
- Resolving Disputes through Communication
- How to Prepare for and Facilitate Meetings
- Communication through Writing Skills
- Drafting and Preparing Proper Reports and Correspondence
- Communicating Teamwork to Staff and Workers
This two-day workshop also gives you 5 Gold Seal Credits and 14 Group A CPD points from BC Housing. Our next workshop is April 19 to 20 in Burnaby, and then we’re coming to Kamloops on June 13-14! Register for either session or any of our other upcoming workshops at www.icba.ca/training.
We can also provide this or any of our other courses as a private session for you and your employees! You can email our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
And, the Canada-BC Jobs Grant is accepting new applications, and most of ICBA’s courses are applicable! We’ll talk about it next week on Training Thursday but in the meantime, visit www.workbc.ca/Employer-Resources/Canada-BC-Job-Grant/What-is-the-Canada-B-C-Job-Grant.aspx for more information.