TRAINING THURSDAY: Project Planning & Cost Control
Controlling your costs is a very important aspect of business and planning your projects effectively will definitely help you with that goal! Our popular Project Planning and Cost Control workshop is back in Burnaby on May 31 to June 1; will we see you there?
The course is designed to provide owners, managers, estimators, and field personnel with a general knowledge of the process of planning and controlling a project from beginning to end utilizing ways and means of monitoring, saving and controlling costs. Here’s what’s covered:
- Understanding the impact and methodology of construction cost control.
- Ways and means of minimizing and controlling costs on site.
- Project cost forecasting and accounting functions on site.
- Project planning and its purpose and effect on project cost control.
- How to communicate & assist management re: cost methods and control.
- Gain additional insight into the process of work and cost analysis.
- Cost reporting systems – new technology in monitoring costs and reports.
- Understanding the effect improper field reporting has on cost control. Maintaining and managing documents, material, tools and equipment.
- Understanding the Contract process from bidding to project close-out.
- Review of 100 companies and their methods in controlling & saving costs.
You’ll also earn Gold Seal Credits and Continued Professional Development Points from BC Housing. You can register for this or any of our other workshops at www.icba.ca/training. Don’t miss your chance to register!