TRAINING THURSDAY: Cannabis in the Workplace
There are new and significant changes coming regarding the legal status of cannabis, and we want to make sure you know how to handle them! We are pleased to bring a new breakfast session, Cannabis in the Workplace, to Burnaby on September 25.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this informative two-hour session:
- Learn more about the federal “Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations”.
- Understand that a “prescription” for cannabis does not give an employee the absolute right to use it in the workplace.
- Understand your rights when it comes to those in Safety-Sensitive positions.
- Discuss employee and employer obligations with regard to the use of cannabis.
- Recognize the rights, responsibilities and risks for both employers and employees to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Identify the various ways the use of cannabis impacts the employer-employee relationship, and what you can do about it.
- Identify what employers should be doing now to prepare for the pending legalization by reviewing their workplace drug and alcohol policies.
We want to help you meet some of the challenges that you’ll face in the coming months, and answer your questions around the use of cannabis in the workplace. Register now at www.icba.ca/courses!