TRAINING THURSDAY: Trenching and Excavation Safety Workshop
Does your work involve trenching and excavation? If the answer is yes, our Trenching and Excavation Safety Workshop is for you!
Safety should always be a top priority on the job site, and that’s particularly true when it comes to ground disturbance. This workshop walks participants through a comprehensive program that includes what the WorkSafeBC Regulations & Guidelines state, safe work procedures and what to do if something goes wrong.
It covers shoring, benching, sloping and shielding systems. It also includes a section on location of underground utilities and the geotechnical and structural engineered documentation requirements.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Identify hazards around trenches and excavations
- Be able to locate underground utilities
- Understand soil types, soil collapse patterns, and warning signs
- Gain familiarity with WorkSafeBC regulations
- Understand geotechnical and structural engineered documentation
- Understand sloping and benching
- Understand shoring and shielding systems
- Describe and demonstrate where possible safe installation and removal processes
- Identify emergency procedures for a trench collapse
Plus, you’ll earn 8 CPD Points from BC Housing! Our next session is in Burnaby on July 31, followed by Victoria on August 29, Kelowna September 26, and Prince George October 10. Register for this or any of our other upcoming workshops at www.icba.ca/training.