TRAINING THURSDAY: The New Labour Relations Code and You: How the Code Changes may impact your Business
Significant changes have taken place to the Labour Relations Code recently, and we want to keep you updated with our two-hour The New Labour Relations Code and You seminar November 1 in Burnaby!
The Labour Relations Code sets out requirements for unionized companies. However, the Code also sets out the rules that apply to non-union companies that Unions are seeking to certify. There have been important changes to the Code that you will want to understand and prepare for.
This two-hour seminar will outline the recent significant changes to the Labour Relations Code that are important to both union and non-union companies, including:
- Changes to employer free speech rights
- Faster voting period
- New raid period rules for construction companies
- Easier first collective agreement arbitration access for unions
- Section 54 adjustment planning changes
- Extended freeze period after union certification
- Increased fines
- Filing requirements for collective agreements
- Expedited arbitration changes
Register for this or any of our other upcoming sessions at www.icba.ca/courses.