Kerry and Jordan share the news on a $25, 90-minute course that could save construction contractors thousands of dollars.
An Overview of Tendering Law
Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023 | 9-10:30AM PDT
1.5 BC Housing CPD Points
Missed this one? Check out icba.ca/courses for options
As a method of procurement, tendering can be fraught with risks. Errors in accepting or evaluating bids can result in legal liability on the part of the tendering authority. Errors in the bid submitted in response to an Invitation to Tender can result in legal liability on the part of the bidder. The law of tenders is complicated and constantly evolving as the courts and the construction industry adapt to new technology and evolving project delivery methods.
- Introduction to the law of tendering including an overview of:
- Tendering case law updates and discussion of recent decisions.
- The difference between tenders and RFPs and other procurement methods.
- The bidder’s obligations to the tendering authority.
- The tendering authority’s obligations to the bidder.
- Practical tips and advice on key aspects of tendering.