Workplace Safety is a team effort – and ICBA is again going to reward one of our members’ workers for their safe work practices! All ICBA members are invited to submit the names of their safest workers — as long as they meet the criteria below.
The Safety Merits winner, drawn at random from all the workers’ names submitted, will win $1,500 from ICBA!
The submission deadline for ICBA’s annual Safety Merits Contest is noon Pacific, Monday, December 11, 2023. Don’t miss your chance to submit the names of your company’s safest workers.
Entrants must be employed below the superintendent level (office staff are not eligible) and must have worked a minimum of 2,500 hours without any time lost due to an accident.
The construction industry recognizes that a safe workplace is the responsibility of management and of the workers on site. The industry realizes that those individuals who have taken great care to avoid injury to themselves and others are invaluable to their firm and an example for all workers.
The purpose of the Safety Merits Contest is for the industry to recognize these individuals, draw attention to their achievement, and encourage others to follow their example.
1) All entrants must be employed by an ICBA member company.
2) Entrants must be employed below the superintendent level. Office staff are NOT eligible.
3) Entrants must have worked a minimum of 2,500 hours for one employer without any time lost due to an accident as of November 1, 2023. Proof of hours may have to be submitted and verified. Note: The required hours need not have been worked consecutively with that one firm.
4) Names of those who meet the above criteria are to be submitted to the ICBA office by the employer to email@example.com (Excel spreadsheet preferred) no later than noon Pacific time, Monday, December 11, 2023.
5) Names of employees submitted in previous Safety Merits Contests may be submitted again.
6) One name will be drawn at random.