The Independent Contractors and Businesses Association and WorkSafeBC are pleased to invite all ICBA member companies and employees involved in the construction industry sector to participate in the 2017 Award for Construction Workplace Health and Safety Innovation.
This annual award recognizes all types of health and safety innovations, including, planning for safety at the design stage of projects, engineering controls that replace personal protective equipment, as well as innovative tools and other programs such or techniques that help prevent workplace incidents, injuries and illness.
For the purpose of these awards, innovation is defined as “a new, forward-thinking or new-to-B.C. idea implemented to create a safer, healthier work environment, which is unique in nature and stands apart from what is routine in the industry.”
Workplace Health and Safety Innovation Award: Recognition of an innovative program, policy, tool or project that demonstrates a proven accomplishment in the area of health and safety for the construction industry sector. There is a $5,000 prize for the best submission.
Please refer to the criteria listed on the attached application form to see how your project will be judged. Judges may contact applicants for more information regarding the project.
All employees of ICBA member companies are eligible for the Annual Awards for Innovation in Workplace Health and Safety for Construction. The innovations must be in compliance with the British Columbia Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, Workers Compensation Act, Standards, and Building Code. Safety supply companies are excluded.
Any person may nominate an individual who has contributed to a workplace health and safety innovation.
Applications must be made in writing to ICBA and include:
- A completed application form (information must be provided for all criteria listed on the application form)
- Each criterion must be addressed individually and in the same order as listed on the application form
- Download Application Form HERE
Applications must be submitted before the close of business on November 1, 2017. Applications received after this date will not be eligible.
- Submissions become the property of ICBA and will not be returned
- The decisions of the judges are final and binding
- ICBA reserves the right to publish submission details, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) Act, and may request finalists to appear for publicity reasons, including attendance at an awards ceremony
- ICBA’s staff and panel of judges must be allowed to visit the workplace to verify the entry
- Finalists are to appear for publicity reasons, including attendance at an awards ceremony
If you require more information about joining the association, for help with your entry preparation, or if you are unable to enter online, please contact Sabine at 604-298-7795 or email email@example.com.