TRAINING THURSDAY: Construction Law
Do you understand contract law and how it relates to construction? Do you know how the BC Builders Lien Act works, and how to resolve construction disputes and avoid litigation? If not, we have just the course for you!
Our Construction Law workshop takes place over two days; here’s what covered:
- The basic concepts of contract law
- CCA, CCDC and other contracts
- Legal terms used in contracts
- Bidding process and contractual obligations
- Specifications, drawings and the contractual hierarchy
- Contractual relationships between contractor and sub-contractor
- Compiling and submitting proper extras and claims
- Defining back charges and how to avoid them
- Avoiding construction disputes and claims from the site level
- Writing RFIs and Change Orders
- The dispute resolution process
- The Builder’s Lien Act
- The Small Claims process
- Environmental law
- Safety legislation and regulations
You’ll also earn 28 Group B CPD Points from BC Housing, and 5 Gold Seal Credits. Our next session is in Prince George on October 22 to 23, followed by November 8 to 9 in Burnaby. To register, visit www.icba.ca/courses.
Did you know that you can receive funding for your employee training through the B.C. Employer Training Grant? Starting October 1, you can apply to have the training costs covered up to 100 percent, depending on the skills training required. For more information, visit www.workbc.ca/Employer-Resources/BC-Employer-Training-Grant.aspx. Or contact our training department at firstname.lastname@example.org; we would be happy to help!