ICBA NEWS: ICBA Up for 7 Reed Awards, Including Trade Association of the Year and Best Web Video (Overall)
JUST IN: ICBA is a finalist for 7 prestigious U.S. Reed Awards, which honour excellence in political campaigning, campaign management, advocacy, political consulting and political design.
In 2018, ICBA won 3 Reeds for our Site C/pink slip campaign (Best Canadian Online Ad Campaign, Best Canadian Use of Outdoor Advertising, and Best International Use of Outdoor Advertising). This year, we are finalists for 7 awards – including two of the biggest ones they hand out:
- Trade Association of the Year (a category which includes U.S. and international associations)
- Best Web Video – Overall (a category which includes U.S. and international campaigns, including all the US mid-terms), for our Big Gas ad
Being a finalist for Trade Association of the Year is an especially significant compliment to all of us at ICBA/ICBA Benefits/CIBP. What we have at ICBA is very special and it’s exciting to be recognized for it.
“Getting designated as a Reed Award Finalist is extraordinarily difficult,” said Shane D’Aprile, Co-Publisher, Campaigns & Elections. “Thousands of entries compete, but very few make the cut. That’s how it should be in the most exacting award the campaign industry has. So when you encounter a Reed Award Finalist you know one thing for certain, they produce work that’s head and shoulders above the competition.”
We are also finalists for:
- Best International Web Video (a category which includes all international campaigns outside the U.S.) for our Big Gas ad
- Best Canadian Web Video for our Big Gas ad
- Best International Outdoor Advertising (a category which includes all international campaigns outside the U.S.) for our Big Gas movie poster
- Best Canadian Outdoor Advertising for our Big Gas movie poster
- Best Canadian Website for our Stop Prop Rep pre-campaign website
The awards are handed out Feb. 21 in Austin, Texas. We will be crossing our fingers for some Big Gas Trophies!