It’s the final course of 2019! Looking to learn how to improve the management and business systems of your construction business? Check out our two-day Construction Business Management course December 19-20 in Burnaby. You’ll also earn 5 Gold Seal Credits and 32 CPD Points from BC Housing!
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the strategic planning process and how to implement it within their context
- Understand the importance of a business plan and how to prepare one
- Understand the participants within the construction industry – their roles, responsibilities and limitations
- Understand the benefits of a participatory management culture
- Formulate a marketing plan and understand the marketing mix
- Develop a human resource management plan
- Understand the employment cycle/process
- Develop an employee performance evaluation system
- Increase staff morale and engagement
- Understand operational planning for construction companies
- Formulate a financial plan, budgets, ratios and break-even analysis
- Understand the importance of financial internal controls
- Develop benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Understand bonding and insurance for construction companies
- Use risk management tools to identify risk and how to mitigate risk
We’re bringing it to Kelowna April 22-23, 2020, and again in Burnaby May 11-12. You can register for this or any of our other upcoming sessions at www.icba.ca/courses.
And while you’re there, subscribe to our biweekly training newsletter at www.icba.ca/trainingnewsletter.