Training Thursday: Negotiation Skills Workshop
When you sit down at the negotiating table, are you walking away with what you want? Do you ever feel like you’re being taken advantage of?
ICBA can help! Many people fail in their negotiations because they walk away from the table when they could have done much better. Our Negotiation Skills Workshop will teach you a proven, practical approach to win-win negotiations, and how to protect yourself from hardball negotiators.
Here’s what’s covered:
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- Understanding the difference between Collaborative “win-win” and Competitive “hardball” negotiations and how to know what game you are playing
- The characteristics of highly effective negotiators
- Understanding the different sources of negotiating power
- How to strengthen your bargaining position
- How to create an open communication flow that allows you to deeply understand the other party
- The 5-step process to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your negotiations
- How to determine your “walk-away point”
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiators
- How to counter the 5 common manipulative strategies being used against you
- How to create win – win outcomes that ensure the other party lives up to their end of the bargain
We get fantastic feedback on this course every time we offer it; to learn more about this course or register for one of our upcoming sessions, visit www.icba.ca/training.